Everyone has a story, and every story has a soundtrack
We know the answer, and we want to share it with you!
Our lessons contain
What will our lessons be like?
Let's picture one of our lessons
The screen, speakers and instruments will be set up as you arrive to the lesson. There's fruit and drinks on the table as well. It is the moment to forget about the regular world and immerse in the music world.
Now, we start with some musical concepts that will help us understand better the music we like. This time will talk about the different scales and how they can express different emotions in music. It is the second lesson about scales. As we already have some knowledge, we will explore with our senses. Therefore, we will see, hear, play and feel the differences between the scales. This part should take about 30 minutes.
After our exploration session, it's the turn of Jan*, who will share with us some piece of music he likes. As we are playing with scales, we will find which scales are used in this music, how they sound and how does it influence in the piece of art. Someone might recall some music they know, someone else might have a question about any concern... At the end, we will anounce the piece of music we will explore in the next lesoon. Remember, it's a piece of music that you or some fellow love. This second part should take another 30 minutes.
In the hour of our lesson, we have explored, felt and understand how these scales work. Also, we have identified them in our favorite music, which will open a new world for us every time we are listening to music. "What is this scale? Wait, this sounds like a Major escale, but it doesn't sound happy to me? Why?"
* = Jan is a fictional name
To take into account:
- Our lessons have a duration of 1 hour
- First part will contain theoretical and practical activities following the planned structure (30 minutes)
- In the second part, we will analyze one of our users favorite pieces focusing on the aspects we have already learnt (30 minutes)
Structure of the course
- QUALITIES OF SOUND: Old music (timbre, intensity, pitch and duration) Modern music (envelope, direction, phase...)
- MUSIC DIVIDED IN VOICES: monophony, homophony, polyphony, counterpoint, textures.
- SCALES AND CHORD CONSTRUCTION: Major, minor, aug., dim. Triads and seventh chords.
- MODES: Greek and Western church modes, and their development in modern music.
- RHYTHM: Pulse, beat and measure. From simple to complex.
- FILM MUSIC: Leitmotifs, wall of sound... Relation to opera and old music.
- POP, ROCK AND MODERN INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC: Related to their origins.
- VIDEOGAMES: From "Space Invaders" to the superproductions of nowadays.
- MUSIC PRODUCTION, DJs AND ELECTRONIC MUSIC: Digital Audio Workstations, virtual instruments, sampling, effects...